Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for a Maintenance Technician to join our Operations team. The purpose of this role is to be responsible for repair and maintenance of moulding, assembly and packaging systems within operational area. Also, to ensure all repairs completed are fit for purpose and follow the companies H&S requirements.
- Complete reactive repairs and undertake root cause investigations for quality related issues, implementing or advising on corrective action to ensure that failures are non- repeatable and production output levels are maintained.
- Schedule and undertake planned preventative maintenance (PPM), ensuring that all supplies, materials and parts are available, in accordance with guidance notes, developing and evolving the guidance notes with engineering where appropriate, to ensure that equipment is operating at optimum output at all times with minimum unplanned disruption/interruption to the production process.
- Provide systems maintenance knowledge , training and advice to support the manufacturing teams and in the development of work instructions, batch records, equipment logs and other device history documents to ensure that they are up to date and that Bespak’s production processes are compliant, capable and robust.
- Provide assistance with the installation of, debug and validation of process equipment to ensure that it is operational and meets with the production requirements and specification.
- Operate in accordance with Health and safety regulations, departmental procedures, company policies and cGMP reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Identify and propose process and systems improvement opportunities and support changes to these procedures, where agreed, to ensure continuous improvement of manufacturing processes.
- Complete training and maintain individual records for SOPs, WI’s, SWGs and QA forms ensuring that they are followed within the manufacturing area and are accurate for activities undertaken.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- City & Guilds General Mechanical, Engineering, Electrical Systems, General Maintenance Techniques or equivalent.
- Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical trade apprenticeship.
- Working knowledge of statistical control systems and the ability to use drawing manuals and circuit diagrams as appropriate.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Machine control systems – PLC/ASI/Pneumatics/HMI.
- Experience in vision systems, pneumatics and printer/laser marking systems would be advantageous.
- Moulding machines and ancillary equipment and bespoke automatic assembly equipment.
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.