LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – PERFORMANCE TESTING, KING’S LYNN
DAYS (40 HOURS)
12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for a Laboratory Technician to join our Laboratory team. The main purpose of this role is to carry out physical and performance tests using a range of mainly gravimetric techniques to ensure that the laboratory satisfies internal and external customer expectations.
- Under the direction of a Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Analyst or Laboratory Senior Technician carry out test programmes to ensure internal and external customer requirements are met to agreed specifications, standards and deadlines.
- Undertake testing in accordance with the methods documented in approved procedures or protocols and produce documented results. Comply with the requirements of the Bespak Quality System and cGMP to ensure the output is of the required standard.
- Operate specialist equipment such as FTIR, filling equipment, Instron and associated software to produce required test data. (Multi-skilled).
- Proactively seek out development opportunities by learning from more senior employees in laboratory and attending training courses as required to ensure that function has right skills to deliver customer needs.
- Support compliance and achievement of Laboratory standards by ensuring that all test work and raw data is checked before passing to others for ratification. Report any atypical or out of specification events or results to supervisor to ensure appropriate decisions are made concerning validity of test data.
- Support the production and delivery of accurate, reliable reports and presentations from complex data at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
- Maintain equipment and resources to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Laboratory.
- Ensure adherence to company and statutory requirements in relation to health and safety, so that appropriate laboratory safeguards are adopted.
- Provide project input as required to ensure that laboratory objectives are achieved.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to ‘GCSE’ level (or equivalent) standard of education. Needs to include Maths or Science based subjects.
- Proven experience of working with computers (standard software packages).
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
- Product knowledge.
- Hands-on experience of relevant test techniques in a regulated laboratory environment.
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.