Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our Innovation team. The purpose of this role is to lead projects and drive the creation of new drug delivery devices within the Innovation team.
- Development of new drug delivery products, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial devices in line with Bespak’s innovation strategy, Quality system and Development Process.
- Set the direction for Innovation projects, including the technical design work, taking responsibility for producing high quality deliverables and effective communication.
- Direct and mentor work completed by Level I, II and Senior colleagues to support their personal development and ensure that tasks are completed with the limits of the project.
- Demonstrate a high level of adherence to ISO 13485 and associated Design Control requirements.
- Liaising with (potential) clients regarding product development, gather market and user requirements and technical specifications for new products, and draft proposals for clients covering objectives, deliverables and timescales for new programmes of work.
- Collate inputs, review and prepare technical reports and design documentation for internal and external use (client) ensuring that they are accurate and informed.
- Oversee technical analysis of mechanical systems, such as tolerance analysis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) assessments to ensure that the parts that will form a product can be reliably and repeatedly manufactured and assembled.
- Development of mathematical models of system or component parts to understand the operation of new drug delivery products and ensure that they will perform consistently in the specified operating environment.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in an Engineering subject.
- Experience level – Expert – Solid and demonstrable experience gained within a similar industrial environment.
- Experience of undertaking the role of Project Manager on technical product development projects and managing cross – disciplinary teams in a new product / concept development environment.
- Experience of working in the healthcare / medical device industry
- Evidence of excellent communication skills and of building good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of a range of manufacturing processes including high volume production of plastic components.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Experience of developing complex injection moulded components, mechanisms and products.
- Experience of using a 3D parametric CAD system such as Solidworks for creating parts, assemblies and drawings.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an ISO 13485 quality system for the design and development of medical devices
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.