We currently have a requirement for a Metrology Engineer to join our Metrology department. The purpose of this role is to manage and complete activities associated with procuring, installing and validating metrology equipment and fixtures for new projects and Operational support programmes, to agreed time lines and budgetary constraints.
- Engineering responsibility for the procurement of new Metrology equipment to the agreed budget and timelines.
- Provide commercially competitive Metrology solutions, estimates / quotations required to underpin opportunity evaluation targeting new business or ongoing operations/capacity expansion.
- Plan and execute Metrology projects for both Operational replacement and NPI to agreed specifications and targets (cost, time, quality and performance) either by leadership of work packages or contributing as a member of a dedicated project team.
- Pro-actively manage Fixture design, equipment specification, data collection and validation activities ensuring adequate risk assessment is undertaken at design qualification, procurement and validation stages, and that budget and milestones are achieved and verified during tool manufacture within a framework of change control.
- Pro-actively contribute to Design for Manufacture reviews and Component approval reviews using experience, knowledge and analysis tools.
- Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external customers for Metrology techniques, fixture design, manufacture and any related issues.
- Manage the control of all Metrology validation documents and Templates within the Bespak IT systems.
- Assist in the emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of component metrology for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
- Proactively manage suppliers to ensure Bespak are achieving value for money on Moulding solutions and managing the finances through the equipment manufacture stages.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- HNC in mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience in the programming of Metrology machines using either tactile or camera based systems (Calypso or PC-DMIS preferred).
- Experience in the specification and selection of Metrology equipment and component fixturing in line with the technical requirements of the device.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Gauge validation including statistical analysis and process control.
- Project Management experience in the procurement and validation of Metrology equipment projects for a regulated industry.
- Experienced practitioner in all aspects of IT, e.g., Production Management Systems, CAD, MS office etc.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Proficient SAP user (Document management, Quality notifications purchase requests).
Please send your full application to Careers@Bespak.com