LABORATORY ANALYST, KING’S LYNN
DAYS (37.5 HOURS PER WEEK)
12 MONTH CONTRACT
Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for a Laboratory Analyst to undertake and report conclusions of laboratory analytical work, method development and validation to support development and production functions. The ideal candidate will have experience in testing inhalation devices eg pMDIs using DUSA, and NGI as well as knowledge of analysis by GC.
• Under the direction of a Laboratory Manager establish and prioritise an analytical work programme to ensure internal and external customer’s requirements are met to agreed specifications, standards and deadlines.
• Undertake laboratory analysis in accordance with the methods documented in approved procedures or protocols and produce documented results. Comply with the requirements of the Bespak Quality System and cGMP to ensure the output is of the required standard
• Possess in-depth knowledge of the operation of complex and specialised analytical equipment and associated software such as HPLC, GC, AA to produce required analytical data and lead troubleshooting activities in the event of malfunction.
• Develop new test methods based on existing or new analytical instruments to meet programme or product release requirements
• Use appropriate statistical techniques in the development and assessment of analytical methods and the interpretation of derived analytical data to ensure laboratory standards are met.
• Produce and deliver accurate, reliable reports and presentations from complex data at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
• Support the on-going development of the laboratory facilities in Kings Lynn to ensure that their operation reflects best practice.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Degree level (or equivalent) education in relevant chemistry/analytical subjects.
• Significant hands-on experience of relevant analytical techniques in a regulated laboratory environment.
• Proven organisational and supervisory skills.
• Knowledge of analytical chemistry principles and practice. Knowledge of operation of key analytical instrumentation
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
• Product knowledge.
• CI and/or Six Sigma and/or QCDSM qualification
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.