Bespak, a Consort Medical Company, is a global market leader in the manufacture of drug delivery devices for pharmaceutical partner Companies, including respiratory, nasal, and injectables products. Bespak have contributed to some of the world’s leading medical devices.
We currently have a requirement for a Development Engineer to join our Proprietary team within Product Engineering. The main purpose of this role is to develop and industrialise product designs within a project environment that achieve defined performance, functional and manufacturing requirements to specification.
- To create plans and provide input to Programme Management planning using a range of appropriate tools, proactively work with other functions as required and get agreement for final version of plan/s to identify timescales, costs, resource and development activities.
- To monitor planning progress using a variety of approaches (e.g. face to face meetings with colleagues, software etc) taking corrective action as required and escalating issues if necessary in order to deliver the product to time and cost.
- To create, review, refine and agree product design briefs, specify materials and create concept designs to support company growth and to create I.P.
- To develop products by producing and testing prototypes, developing and reviewing test data, modifying designs, recommending final design version/s, reviewing cost analyses, supporting design transfer and on-going design reviews in line with NPI process and quality systems to deliver performance, quality and commercial requirements.
- To write and review test reports to verify that the design meets specification or whether changes are needed and to ensure compliance with technical and quality requirements.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers to co-ordinate technical and quality input as required to maintain planned activities leading to product delivery.
- To operate in compliance with company change control and quality system procedures.
- To adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively developing new technical skills and keeping abreast of developments in the market to help Bespak achieve a competitive advantage.
- To establish, implement, improve and maintain Design Control and development procedures and processes to ensure consistency of approach across Bespak.
- To deliver assigned functional objectives ensuring targets are achieved.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Educated HNC, HND or degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Production or Product Design.
- Demonstrable experience in an engineering role, ideally in the design and development of products/ assemblies which are manufactured in high volume and include injection moulded parts.
- Experience of project management, problem solving techniques and an understanding of 3D CAD systems.
- Influencing and communication skills.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
- An understanding of Design Controls within a new product introduction process (NPI) and associated quality systems.
- Demonstrated experience of implemented Continuous Improvement projects via established methodologies e.g. lean sigma.
We strive to be an ‘Employer of Choice’ and, in addition to our intrinsic benefits and career and development opportunities, we offer an attractive range of employee benefits, including our Group Personal Pension Plan, Healthcare Scheme, Permanent Health Insurance, an all-employee share incentive scheme, Save as you Earn (SAYE) Scheme and 28 days (plus 8 days Bank Holiday) paid annual leave.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply to Careers@Bespak.com and send us your CV for review.