We currently have a requirement for an AAT Qualified Accountant to join our Finance team. The purpose of this role is to prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to help management make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
- To prepare periodic financial information reports, variance analysis and commentaries to support decision making about current and future spend and assess effectiveness of previous decisions.
- To support budget development and monitor spend to help control costs across Bespak.
- To reconcile accounts, journals and general ledger on at least a monthly basis and resolve any variances to ensure records are correct.
- To implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls to ensure statutory compliance.
- To provide professional guidance to functional managers and to advise on ways of improving company performance to help control costs and improve controls.
- To monitor and evaluate financial information systems so that improvements can be identified and implemented.
- To control and manage the operation of accounts payable, employee expenses and purchase invoice processes to ensure policy compliance control procedures.
- To identify, develop and implement new policies, processes and systems to improve controls, delivery and efficiency.
- To update job knowledge by keeping abreast with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and sharing findings across function to ensure on-going delivery improvement.
- To manage the capital expenditure authorisation process, including identifying when authorised spend is completed, so that assets can be depreciated as soon as they are in use by the company.
- To accurately report on hours charged by the company on both internally and externally funded programmes, providing detailed analysis to support service income forecast.
- To report on at least monthly basis to Financial Controller to enable him/her to update Board.
Please note internally this job is titled Assistant Financial Accountant.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Accounting Technician and/or studying for professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience of working in headquarters finance function.
- Commercial acumen and a good eye for detail.
- Good communication skills and ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals.
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
DESIRABLE KEY ATTRIBUTES:
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience.
Please send your full application to Careers@Bespak.com